Monday, January 20, 2014

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Dear Reader,

When I was getting ready for the road trip weekend I was looking for the perfect book to bring with me on the road, and boy was I not disappointed in Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.
When you're on a road trip life is all about the detours
Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother has decided to move across the country and now it is Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. There's just one small problem: since her dad died this past spring, Amy hasn't been able to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger; the nineteen-year-old son of an old family friend, who also needs to make a cross-country trip and has plenty of baggage of his own. Traveling the Loneliest Road in America, seeing the Colorado mountains, crossing the Kansas plains, and visiting diners, dingy motels, and Graceland were definitely not on the itinerary. But together Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way home.

This is a MUST read if you are going on a road trip or not ! Like any road trips it is not the destination but the journey, and this book shows exactly that. With fun and unexpected stops to looking at the photos, receipts, doodles and playlists you feel like you are the third passenger of the story. Sitting in the backseat listening to music, munching on Life Savers and reflecting back on moments of your life. This book was perfect for me to read on my road trip but most importantly at this time in my life where I do not know exactly where I am heading but I know where to start. As Roger would put it "We can't know what's going to happen. We can just try to figure it out as we go along." 

If you have any book recommendations, feel free to leave them in the comment down below. Also if you want to see what I am currently reading, check out my Goodreads page here and I'll talk to you next time (:

Bookishly Yours, 


No comments:

Post a Comment