Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Happy Place

Dear Reader, 

Now you are probably wondering why at every blog post I sign off with "Bookishly Yours"? Quite simply enough ever since I was able to read I could not get enough of books. Of course I started off small and easy and ventured out later on. However when I was in 9th and 10th grade I let myself lose this love of books thinking I did not have time to read. But slowly I came to realize that I no longer had that escape from the world when it got too complicated and rough. And quickly came back to the library and bookstores and found again my sanity. 


Reading books may seem nerdy or stupid to many people but to some it is an escape. A story that you can not necessarily live them for yourself but at least through reading these words day and night come off the paper and in your memory forever. You can travel the world without even leaving your city and experience situations or events just sitting at home. All in all reading is MY escape and what an escape it is sometimes. And from this passion made me want to turn it into career, therefore choosing English Literature as my major so in years to come I will turn what was a hobby into my career.

Thousands of adventures just waiting to get picked up from the shelves

Whether it is going to the park, working out, going to the beach, shopping, or maybe even a person, the list is endless. But most importantly is to have a happy place for which you can turn to in times of need. And you will see that knowing what makes you happy will greatly reduce the moments of unhappiness in your life. Comment down below what activity or person makes you happy (: And I will talk to you next time.

Bookishly Yours, 

No comments:

Post a Comment