Sunday, October 20, 2013

About Time

Dear Reader, 

A friend of mine generously gave me the opportunity to go watch a private screening of the movie About Time earlier this week. So off with a couple of other friends, we met up, had some dinner and headed towards the movies. As any other screenings, they give out more tickets to make sure the room will be full so we went early to wait in line (or sit) and catch up on gossip and life. After about an hour and a half of waiting we finally went inside to take our seats. 

EMBARRASSING STORY TIME; To our surprise the theater room was pretty empty, so there was A LOT of room! We were the only 3 people sitting in the back row (oh yes we are cool!) and this guy starts to walk across the aisle in front of us. Of course like most people my age, I always put my feet on the seat in front of me. As I whispered "Please don't sit there, please don't sit there, please don't seat there" he of course sits down, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. And as he is lowering himself he hears my whispering or at this point pleading and asks me if its ok if he sits there. Me being so embarrassed I politely say its fine (still hoping in my head he will change seats), which he then laughs and sits down. So as his friends later join him, he retells the story. So embarrassing!

My favorite quote of the movie went along these lines "Live everyday like every other ordinary person, without your powers. At the end of the day go back to that same morning and now live that day seeing every brightness or moments of laughter and look over the negative."

Anyways I am sure that you have seen the trailer to this movie many times, but if you live under a rock it is a British romantic comedy science fiction film revolving around time travel where a young man tries to change his past to have a better future. This movie was beyond what I was expecting. It had its corny and romantic moments, but also had some heavy topics which inspired me so much that I could not miss the opportunity to write a blog post about. If you had any doubts on seeing this movie I would definitely recommend you going to watch it in the theaters starting November 1st.

Bookishly Yours, 

No comments:

Post a Comment