Monday, December 9, 2013

My Booket List

Dear Reader, 

It is common in one's lifetime to sit down and write what they wish to do before they die (aka Bucket List.) But being a bookworm does have its challenges in choosing which books to read. So to solve this problem I have created my Book-et List. I have written out 50 books on little pieces of paper and put them in my Booket List Jar, which I will once in a while plunge my hand in and read off a book on my list. 


50 Books to Read Before I Die
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. The Holy Bible
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
4. Noughts and Crosses Series by Malorie Blackman
5. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
6. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver
7. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. Beautiful Creatures Series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
9. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
10. The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
11. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
12. The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan
13. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
14. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
15. Dracula by Bram Stoker
16. The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
17. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
18. The Long Walk by Stephen King
19. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
20. The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
21. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
22. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
23. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
24. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
25. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
26. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner
27. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy 
28. Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu 
29. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
30. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
31. Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
32. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith 
33. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien 
34. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
35. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert 
36. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
37. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
38. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 
39. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
40. The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
41. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery 
42. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
43. Jane Austen's Novels
44. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
45. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
46. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
47. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
48. The Stand by Stephen King
49. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
50. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Some of these books I had at one point started reading but for some reason never got to finish, so I still kept them on my list. For now I have only 50 books written down but as soon as I have finished this Booket List I will then create a new one until maybe I have read ALL the books in the world?! lol ….A girl can dream (: Comment down below any books you would recommend for my next booket list jar! And I'll talk to you next time.

Bookishly Yours, 

No comments:

Post a Comment