Monday, December 23, 2013

Sarah Dessen Book Club; Lock and Key

Dear Reader, 

I recently decided to join this Sarah Dessen Book Club, created by Heather (www.youtube.com/bookables). And the December book pick was "Lock and Key." Lock and Key is about Ruby Cooper who after her drug and alcohol addicted mother abandons her, child services forces 17 year old Ruby to move in with her sister, Cora, who she hasn't seen in 10 years. With this sudden change and flip of lifestyle, Ruby slowly adjusts, but still keeping the key to her old home on a chain around her neck. This novel is about family most of all and letting go of the past and taking that old key to open new doors of opportunity. A great read right before the holidays, which is all about family.



This book was my first Sarah Dessen novel and I was definitely not disappointed. A realistic take on family relationships, friendship, and a little love. It even influenced me to create this "KeyChain" that was a big feature in the novel. As I found this old key I thought it would be great to transform it as a necklace, turning it from a useless old key to a symbol of opportunity taking and maybe passing it along to someone else in need in the future.

"It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys." -Sarah Dessen, Lock and Key 

If you want to see Heather's original video you can click here. Also if you want to see what I am currently reading, you can go to my Goodreads page here. And I'll talk to you next time (:

Bookishly Yours, 

No comments:

Post a Comment