Monday, December 30, 2013

Top 13 Moments of 2013

Dear Reader, 

2013 has been one busy and exciting year for me. This year has been full of surprises, excitement, adventures, decisions and opportunities. And I can honestly say that this year has been the best year, so it is only appropriate to tell you my top 13 moments of 2013 (relatively in chronological order)...

1. Hugo

January 29th had become a day full of burden, being the birthday of my grandfather who passed away in 2010. But however that changed very quickly and turned into an amazing day and a great start of 2013. On January 29th, 2013 Hugo made his debut into this world and into our lives. My second bundle of joy that I have the privilege to call my nephew. 

2. DECA Trip
Dimple, Nathalia, Natalie and Me in Downtown Disney looking professional

In February I had the chance to head off to competitions in Orlando for an organization named DECA. It was my first ever competition in Fashion Merchandising, which I got to experience with these girls and a freshman, David. I made so many friends on the way and got to have a peak of what the real world looked like.

3. St. Augustine

Shortly after the DECA competitions, I headed back to Orlando for another school trip, but this one a little different as we also spent a day in St. Augustine. And the minute I stepped in this city I just fell in love. It is the oldest city in Florida, which gives it its charm. Full of history and myths this city not only captivated me with its beauty but also by its stories. 

4. Art History Trip

Now it is normal to go on day trips for classes, but this day WAS NOT NORMAL ! For Art History class my teacher decided to take us to Bok Tower. The location is quite far away so our day started early and would end late. Not only was our bus late, but our bus driver kept falling asleep at the wheel, which we then had to make a pit stop and thanks to coffee he somewhat woke up. But to play it safe my teacher decided to call the company that planned to get us a new bus with another bus driver. So once we were ready to leave Bok Tower, we get into our new bus with our new SAFE bus driver. We start heading down the lane to go to our second location and we see our old bus stuck horizontally on the road. Now the picture above shows the second bus on the left and our first bus (blue) being stuck. We have no clue how the driver made a turn or why because this is the only street, everything else surrounding it are trees (WTH?) But anyways then our SECOND bus had no A/C …with 50 kids and a hot Florida day that did not go well. So after our second location stop, we waited an hour for our THIRD and final bus to take us home safely and cool !

5. Grad Bash

Grad Bash will forever be in the top best nights of my life. Grad Bash is graduating Seniors from all high schools of Florida that get together at Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studio park to themselves and party the night away with food, clubs, rides and concerts. It was such an amazing experience to be with my graduating Seniors and partying it up at the clubs, while the parks were being emptied just for us. And then ride on rides all night and having a blast at the Pitbull concert. JUST PERFECT !

6. The Family in Miami 

My family had never been to the United States before and this was a huge milestone for them alone, and just an amazing opportunity for them to be here for my graduation. 

7. Prom

Prom is THE night to remember, right? Well mine will be unforgettable…

8. Graduation

The day I finally stepped in the real world. The day that my footsteps really do count. The day that marks the beginning. The day that changed everything (:

9. Shark Attack 
We did not know what was about to come

Now this may not be a "happy" moment but nonetheless. That day my brother, sister-in-law, two nephews and I decide to go to the beach. So as usual we paddle in the water and my brother was taking pictures, like the one you see above. He heads back to our belongings to put the not waterproof camera away and join us. Now my sister-in-law was holding little 4 month-old Hugo in her arms, until she asks me if I can hold him. So as I just got Hugo, my brother suddenly yells "OMG, dolphins !!" and points to two fins. As I look closely, I respond "I don't think those are dolphins" when right when I finish my sentence, the two fins head straight in our direction. Of course I back up to the beach and was freaking out inside, but having my nephew in my arm, made me keep calm and WALK not run. I even took a peak over my shoulder to see my brother and sister-in-law both dragging my other nephew back at shore. Nothing happened to us but it was one very memorable moment. 

10. 18th Birthday 
Do I even need to add to that title ? (;
11. Decision to Move

The biggest decision I have ever made myself. Taking risks and already making my life flip upside down, but that's exciting !

12. Universal Trip With Mom
Do I really have to add more ? lol
13. The Bookables 

Recently I had a Fangirl moment!!!! Due to the blog post on the Sarah Dessen Book "Lock and Key" I had given a link to the blog post on Heather's Goodreads Book Talk. But never did I think that she would not only read my blog but comment on my Instagram. It may mean nothing to you, but she is one of my favorite Booktubers that I look up to and was jumping around my house when I saw this (: It made my end of 2013 ten times better !

2013 was the best year of my life, but hopefully 2014 can be just as good or maybe even better ? Who knows ? How did 2013 treat you? Like always I'll talk to you next time, in 2014 (; 

Bookishly Yours, 

1 comment:

  1. J'adore cette page sur 13 on a participé à 5 événements et et le 6ème en décalé, la visite de saint augustine que tu nous as fait découvrir. Moi aussi j'en suis tombé amoureux!!! J'adore ton histoire de bus....

    ReplyDelete