Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Orlando Day 2

Dear Reader, 

After a very short night we woke up very early and headed off to get breakfast at the glamorous McDonalds (do not judge) and fueled up for the day ahead. We ventured into the park of Universal's Islands of Adventure park and risked our lives for adrenaline rush on the roller coasters and got soaking wet on the water rides. 

Upon first entering the park, The Hulk ride is the only thing you can see and hear, and me being so scared of heights it was not in my agenda to ride it. I looked over my shoulder and to my relief my mothers face was also saying the same thing. So we started off easy with the Spider Man ride, as my mom (clearly excited) ran inside I nearly lost her. We then ventured into Toon Lagoon to look at other people getting wet. However as a start to water rides we first rode on Jurassic Park, which to my horror has such a long drop, it surprises me every time. And with that splash we got pretty wet, so as wet as can be, we went back to Toon Lagoon and got completely drenched on Ripsaw Falls and Popeyes (my personal favorite.)

After the water rides, and looking like two wet dogs we headed over to my favorite part of the park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The rides are just phenomenal and Hogsmeade Village is a dream come true. As fans as we are, we decided to also have lunch at The Three Broomsticks and obviously drink some Butterbeer. 

With full stomachs we walked around and got to watch Poseidon's Fury Show and did the little rides in Dr.Seuss Land. To which after we left to go back to our hotel room to shower and rest a little before we headed back out.  Overall the day at Islands of Adventure was incredible. We barely had any lines (20 minutes maximum) which let us ride the rides as much as we wanted and visit the park at our pace without rushing.

We ended the night back in Downtown Disney where we got to listen to awesome musicians and had the opportunity to watch so many performances. To which we ended the night walking through the beautifully decorated twinkling trees and headed back to the hotel.

Pictures would not do this day any justice, so here is a video to which I hope you enjoy as I much as I did, filming it and living it. 


Bookishly Yours, 



2 comments: